Jess and I at the pool with the Mountain in the background.
There was only like 20 people staying at the hotel total. The people there said that it is not very busy in the summer so if you want to go somewhere relaxing this resort would be good. We we the only ones in the pool and it was really warm. This is a picture before we jumped in.
Jess and I in the pool.
Because we were an hour and a half away from Jackson we ended up being closer to West Yellowstone. This turned out to be great because when we got there we found this cute cabin to stay at. We really like West Yellowstone because there were some cute shops and restaurants to eat at outside the park.
The picture of the bathroom and the sitting area.
Jess and I at one of the falls in Yellowstone.
Our first day in the park we took a lunch in and had a picnic.
Jess and I waiting for Old Faithful.
Old Faithful erupting. I thought this picture was cool because the water looks like it is mixed with the clouds.
Jess and I went swimming in the Firehole river. Jess remembered swimming here when he was younger so he was really excited when we found it. The weather was awesome and the water was pretty warm. There was one place in the river where the current was really strong. Everyone was jumping off a rock into the current and it would just carry you to a place where you could swim to the edge. Jess had done it a few times and he really wanted me to do it. I was being a little bit of a chicken but Jess talked me into getting up there. It was not high but the water was really fast. Ahead of me was a little boy who was probably 10. After he went I decided I could do it. It was actually really fun, a little scary but fun.
Jess standing by the Lower Falls in Yellowstone.
As we were driving around the park the herd of buffalo we walking pretty close to us. Well this one came right up by the drivers window.
By the time I got the camera out he was already headed down the road but I took this picture from inside the car. (that is why it is kind of blurry)
Jess and I at Yellowstone Lake. This was one of my favorite places. The lake is so beautiful and it is huge.
On our way home we drove through the park and headed home through Jackson so we made it there after all. We had a great trip and I would definitely do it again!
Ha ha! Your mom told me about your misplaced hotel. Funny. You should have asked me! I could have told you it wasn't in Jackson. I love Expedia, but ALWAYS look up the location on their map before you book! Happy anniversary.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you didn't get attacked by the escaped convicts that were there!!! Happy Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you chose Jackson, what a fun way to celebrate :) maybe for our 5th we'll make it up there??
ReplyDeleteDesi, thanks so much for your comment! Makes me feel a lot better haha!!! Of course I remember you! You and Jess are so cute! :) Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteIt is great to see your guys blog. I didn't realize that you follow mine. Give me your email so that I can add you, I am going private. heatheraleece@gmail.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see your happenings!