Jess with his Easter "bucket". I couldn't find a basket that didn't look like a girl so I bought him and Easter bucket.
Me and my Easter basket. This is the same basket that Jess used when he proposed to me 4 years ago.
For my birthday Jess and my family spoiled me. Jess even got up early and decorated the house with streamers and banners. He is such a great husband!
Jess made me this giant cupcake for my birthday. I have never had a cupcake so big. It was swirrl (chocolate and white) cupcake. He did such a good job!
Jess lighting the candles on my giant cupcake.
Over spring break we went to the St. Anthony sand dunes in Idaho. We went up with our friends on Friday night and we came home on Saturday. I wasn't originally planning on going but at the last minute I decided to go. When we got up there on Friday the wind was blowing and it was kind of cold. As the night went on it got colder and colder. When it was finally time for bed, I was freezing. The wind was blowing and the fire was not keeping me warm at all. Jess decided earlier that we should just sleep in our Mountain Air trailer (which is what we hauled the 4-wheeler up in). Let me just say that the trailer was not warm at all. It is a small tin box that has NO heat. We had an air mattress to sleep on and like 6 blankets on top of us plus we were both inside our own mummy sleeping bags with our heads covered because it was so cold. If I hadn't been to cold to move I would have gotten up and driven to a hotel but I was seriously to cold to move. When morning finally came ( we slept for maybe 2 hours total) I reached for the bananas I had brought for breakfast and the were completely frozen. I snapped it in half when I hit it against the wall. I also had a bottled water behind me and it was frozen solid.
On Saturday we got up and headed out on the dunes to go riding. Jess had given me carhart overalls for Christmas and I have to say that I was very glad I had them on this trip. They kept me warm while we were riding. They are not very flattering but they were warm. Saturday was a lot of fun. The weather was not to bad and we had fun riding and hanging out with friends.
Jess riding his 4-wheeler
Stephen & Chelsea, Jess and I, Mykenzi and Matt, and Brent at choke cherry.
Sounds like you've had a lot of fun. And I didn't completely forget, I was just so busy.... but hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 24 is old :(
ReplyDeleteWell happy birthday! I wish I could have sang to you in person!! haha and wow what a cake pro! looks good :)
ReplyDelete